The role will be responsible for implementing IT initiatives that supports and continually improves our operational efficiency, driving automation, improving cost effectiveness and creating operational excellence.
The role will include championing technology innovation and change, working with innovation stakeholders across the business, creating a culture of collaboration.
The role requires previous experience of implementing DevOps tools within an organisation, proficient in the areas of product selection, hands-on tooling, with the ability to justify the use of DevOps in the organisation
The role is primarily focused on services, ensuring we meet their SLAs and efficiency targets, providing support for solutions based upon principles of high-availability, agility, scale and efficiency.
The role requires the holder to be a development focused engineer to help automate the server & virtualisation infrastructure, by maintaining and creating new automation tools to continue to drive transformation of our environments and services.
It will include liaison and building close relationships with other technical areas such as development, testing, application support and architecture teams.
Typically this will require the post holder to :
• Strong experience of working within Agile frameworks - Scrum
• Experience of Infrastructure As Code automation
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment
• Build, develop and maintain virtualisation automation, monitoring and reporting tools
• Troubleshoot, resolve and assist in complex virtualisation and server related issues through code
• Participate in automation initiatives driving change and efficiencies
• Mentor and share knowledge with other members of the team through retros, planning meetings and daily standups
All About You
Working knowledge of the following:
• Infrastructure & Network technologies
• Agile Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
• Cloud implementations and support (AWS, Azure or Google)
• Working knowledge of developing Infrastructure as code
• Working knowledge of build tools such as Maven, Gradle or ANT
• Working knowledge of Ancillary pipeline tools Nexus IQ, SonarQube, Hashicorp Vault, CheckMarx
• Working knowledge of the Atlassian Suite – Crowd, BitBucket, Jira, Confluence, HipChat
• Able to orchestrate the build and deployment of a container environment (Kubernetes/Docker)
• Able to design and implement centralised logging and monitoring solutions (ELK/Prometheus/Kibana)
• Strong hands on knowledge of Unix / Linux
• Expertise in scripting (Python, Bash) Dev Ops Tooling (Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
• Expertise in managing AWS, Azure, GCP usage within an enterprise.
• Experience designing and implementing large scale data centre, infrastructure and platform solutions.
• Expertise utilizing cloud technologies and driving innovation.
• Proven track record in vendor selection and contract / 3rd party management
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.